Boston, Oct 6-10 Chicago, Oct 20-24 Seattle, Nov 3-7 New York City, Nov 17-21

Criticize Google Analytics. Win Prizes

It’s a contest! With real prizes and great judges.

Background: Just about everyone knows that I am always complaining about how bad the GA documentation is. (No secrets there.) When I talked to Amy in GA Engineering at the Emetrics Summit, she said, “Make me a list.”

win-prizes

And, just about everyone knows that many minds work better than one. Hence the contest. So here are the categories, the judges, the prizes and the very minimal rules.

Category #1: Mistakes. We (the contest — I should make it clear that Google isn’t sponsoring this) are looking for things in the documentation, Conversion University, or the Google Blog that are just plain old wrong. For example, the URL Builder does not specify utm_campaign as required, even though it is required.

Category #2: Omissions. We are looking for important facts that are just plain old missing from the documentation (only. Conversion University and the blog are not meant to be as comprehensive.) For example, GA uses Perl Compatible Regular Expressions, which is an incredibly helpful fact if you are designing fancy expressions, but nowhere (that I’ve seen) is that included in the documentation.

Category #3. Opacity. (Opaqueness?) We are looking for important concepts that are really poorly defined in the documentation only. Example: have you ever tried to write a filter and used this as your only guide? Wouldn’t it be awesome if Google told you the kinds of values these filters usually take, so that you knew how to design your Regular Expression?

The Judges. In addition to yours truly, the judges will be Justin Cutroni, Director of Web Analytics at Google Analytics Authorized Consultant Epikone, and Avinash Kaushik, who is technically an outside consultant, but works as the Analytics Evangelist for Google. All decisions will be very subjective (but final.)

The Prizes! We have four prizes, donated by two of LunaMetrics’ customers and one of the judges. Databazaar agreed to donate a $50 gift certificate for printer supplies (ink, toner, whatever you need). Voip.com agreed to donate a month of free Make a Call (“click to call”) and six months free of a second line on your cell phone. Since I only have myself to blame for the fact that the good second line voip pages are not up, I had better explain: when you have a second line for your cell phone, you can give out one number to potential boyfriends and not worry that they will drive you crazy, even after you figure out what creeps they are. Or, you can call about a potential new job on your employer-owned cell phone, and your current employer never sees the charges because of the cool technology.

The fourth prize is a signed copy of Avinash Kaushik’s book, Web Analytics: An Hour a Day. (It went on sale on Friday.)

Rules: All entries must be posted here as a comment (so that everyone can see them. Including Google. That means, they’ll get your thoughts, whether you win or not.) Everyone is eligible except myself and the judges. (That means, all the GAACs are eligible, and I hope some of you submit some ideas.) No idea is too stupid (because if you don’t understand it, there are probably close to two million other users who don’t either.) You can submit in as many categories as you like, and you can submit up to three ideas in each category. This is only for Google Analytics and not Website Optimizer. Please don’t submit product enhancements or bugs here, this is about documentation only. All entries are due by June 26, 2007.

Whew. I think that’s it for now. Late Addition: Here is a post with the winning entries.

Robbin

Robbin Steif

About Robbin Steif

Our owner and CEO, Robbin Steif, started LunaMetrics ten years ago. She is a graduate of Harvard College and the Harvard Business School, and has served on the Board of Directors for the Digital Analytics Association. Robbin is a recent winner of a BusinessWomen First award, as well as a Diamond Award for business leadership.

49 Responses to “Criticize Google Analytics. Win Prizes”

[...] good friend Robbin Steif is having a contest. She’s looking for omissions and mistakes in the GA support documentation and Conversion [...]

Joe Teixeira says:

I really have more Opacity issues than anything else. I haven’t really found too many errors or omissions in the documentation, but a lot of the documentation is very loosely defined, and up to each individual’s interpretation. I think that with something that needs to be as precise as coding instructions, the documentation should be equally as precise.

For example, E-commerce Coding:

The line that reads: “Next, somewhere in the receipt below the tracking code, the following lines need to be written by your engine.” This sentence has led to a lot of issues on my end. I didn’t realize that this meant “this code needs to be dynamically generated and populated into the Thank You page”. We had been putting in the actual hidden form into the actual HTML of the pages, stuff like [order-quantity]|[total] and so on. There has to be a more clear way to say exactly what needs to happen, and in what programming language (PHP, ASP?). I’m not really a programmer so I don’t even know what to tell programmers here :)

Filters:

It took me a long time to understand how to actually write a Filter. As a matter of fact, Robbin’s “How to write GA Filters” guide was really how i wound up learning – she made it very easy to learn, and broke it down in the most simplest way possible. I understand that this is really a programming language, and that a value of a GAAC company lies in these types of things, but this area can also be more clear. Maybe add some examples of pre-written filters? (there are a lot more than IP ranges to do here).

I don’t have any errors or omissions at this time. But I would like to say that I (and our company) is anxiously awaiting a different answer to this question:

Thank you very much!

Joe Teixeira
MoreVisibility.com

P.S. If I win Avinash’s book, can this be an autographed copy? :)

Simon says:

My main critic, as is use GGanalytics ALSO for my PR & marketing activity is : give the full referral URL, and not only the generical host domain name. Because if cool people are saying cool things about my cool website, i want to be able to track them down to the very page they talk about me, whereas actual Google Analytics only gives the generical host domain, and then, i waist time browsing the whole website to find the page that interests me. And sometimes, even, i just…can’t find the page though browsing the website for hours !

Robbin says:

Simon: In the new interface, all you need to do is click on a referrer, and all the actual referring pages from the referring site come up. Separately, did you want to make a submission in the area of documentation? You know, stuff that is unclear, missing, wrong in the documentation.

christine says:

Ok, this is relatively minor in the overall scheme of things but here goes.

I export keywords to excel and analyse them. In the old interface it exported all keywords for the time period. Now it exports the ones that are displayed on the screen. So, even if I display the maximum 100 words I have to scroll through the pages, export each one separately and then combine them.

Am I missing something obvious?

Robbin says:

Hi Christine. You aren’t missing something obvious. I still go back to the old interface to export when I can for those same reasons, but the new interface has some cool functionality, like landing pages, and then I am stuck with your problem. If you and I are representative of the population (and I am sure we are!!), the problem is too painful for it to go unnoticed or unfixed. I hope.

I guess I should have had a contest where everyone could complain about functionality. But the real issue here is — what is missing, wrong or unclear in the *documentation*?

christine says:

Thanks Robbin, I realised after I posted that you were after faults in the documentation. I’ll read more carefully next time :)
Perhaps I should go and read the documentation!

ramki says:

Last Visitor Details

Google Analytics is not providing last visitor details reports that includes Visitor IP, Visitor Referral URL, Visitor Country, etc. I think GA is not providing these details, because the Adwords customer can easily track click frauds. Please incorporate Last visitor details report option

Simon says:

@Robbin : well, that feature comed with the news interface am i right ? Anyway, it’s still not one click away. I need to click the referral, then copy the URL extension, browe the website and then paste the URL extension to reach the good page. That is definitly not user-friendly !

@all : i also regret the light .txt export feature. Now i need to open several exhausting to manage .csv on my desktop !

Robbin says:

Documentation. Documentation. That’s the contest.

Ok, here is one that is on my personal list: If Google Analytics supports Regular Expression Braces like this {}. why aren’t they in the list of Regular Expressions? I actually don’t know if they officially “support” them, but they work. (If I could win, which I can’t, I would put that one under Omissions.)

Here’s another one on my list: GA needs to explain where the name of the domain is important and where it doesn’t matter at all. You can put the same tracking code on five (or fifty) different domains and it will track them all. This is actually a nice way to roll up a whole bunch of domains into one profile and then also use filters to give each domain their own profile. But you need to worry about first party cookies. It is identical to the subdomain problem, described here. If I could win, I would put that one into Opacity.

I could go on, but I want you to submit the ideas.

brian says:

How about mentioning the 255 character limit on filter expressions more than just once? Currently it appears as a “Tip” at the bottom of the Regular Expression Generator page

and nowhere else as far as I can see.

Nice to know when you have built a very long include filter, pasted into the filter expression field and saved, then wondered why half of your expected includes were not, er, included. Of course if I was a REGEX god I would be able to build same include using about half the characters, but until I am it would be nice to know these sort of gotchas in advance, like maybe on the fantastically underwhelming help page called “How do I create a filter? “

Love GA BTW

dylan.lewis says:

Hi Robbin,

On this page, there is a broken link
This is the text of the broken link:
How do I track a goal that is an outbound link?

Are goals applied retroactively? So if I set up a goal today, is it applied to the past? (Probably not, but I don’t see that in the docs.)

There is no documentation about tracking internal search.

This would be a feature that could be included in the documentation. I have a URL that I want to use as a Goal, but I need to make sure that I write the regular expression correctly. If I could paste in 1 or more examples of the URL, the documentation could write out the regular expression for me. Probably difficult to do, and your series helped, and there is always the book.

More examples – there are limited examples of implementation – but lots of really great blogs to read.

Thanks,
Dylan
dylan@wikiwebanalytics.com

Robbin says:

Hey everyone – I have been working really hard not to write, “AWESOME entry!” et cetera, since this is a contest. But since we have a few entries now — I can write a general comment — it is so fabulous to get these comment entries. Sometimes I read them and think, omigosh, I never would have known that one.

Even though getting entries is like pulling teeth (hard), it is so worth it.

steve says:

(1) Possibly in the Documentation category… Possibly Bug.

The advice for “Why are “/” and “/index.html” tracked separately in my reports, even though they’re the same page?” doesn’t work. For me.
I still get very separate entries for both index.php and the root path. :-(
(http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55608&hl=en_US)

(2) On that same page, and this is trivial, they refer to “two separate entries in your logs.” I suspect they mean “two separate entries in your reports.”

(3) Ah. The joys of Regular Expressions.
“How can I exclude my internal traffic from my reports?” has a pretty subtle trap for young players.
(https://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=26913&hl=en_US)

The IP address field will auto-populate with an example IP address. Enter the correct value. Remember to use regular expressions when entering any IP address. For example, if the IP address to filter is:

192.168.1.1

then the IP address value will be:

192\.168\.1\.1

is wrong. This will match 192.168.1.101 as well. Actually entire ranges of addresses.
.10-.19
.100-.199

Naturally, this is assuming that when they state “Use Regular Expressions”, they don’t have any overriding logic to automatically encapsulate IP addresses with a closing “$”. :-) Happy to be proven wrong. :-)
Likewise, in the detailed example they start the range with a caret for “Start of Field”, but if you specifically exclude “10\.1\.1\.192″ You will still match on 110.1.1.192 and 210.1.1.192.

ie. You need to be careful or else you can get bitten at both ends of the match.

Cheers!
- Steve

Analyticalized says:

I guess this one falls under Category 2 – Omissions.

The help center article “How do I set up goals?” at http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=26910&topic=7125 talks nothing about selecting the right match type in the Additional settings section.

In fact, the only way to find about the different match types is through an helpcenter article “How do I set up goals and funnels for dynamically generated pages? ” at http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?answer=26918&topic=7119.

I think its an important topic which can also be covered as a separate article under Goals and Funnel section.

- Aditya

Daniel Rowan says:

I think there are two audiences that need to be catered for in regards to documentation. Firstly, the users who know what a visit and a hit are and get the idea of a goal and a funnel, but are overwhelmed with the various reports and how to effectively use them. In GA version 1 underneath all the report screens, there were/are good tips and tricks that get users of and running and can answer the straight forward “what does that term mean” etc. Version 2 has made a nice leap and now we have the help ? icon posted throughout, which onclick presents the answers in a more related manner. This is a nice improvement.

What I suggest is that the documentation needs to be written in context, with every GA report that can be generated as a new part. Each available report is contained in it’s appropriate chapter, with each chapter being titled

1. Dashboard
2. Visitors
3. Traffic Sources
4. Content
5. Goals

So, say I go to Chapter 2: Part 1: Visitors Overview – thus mirroring the way the flash navigation is ordered in the GA version 2 interface. What would I see? I would suggest that it would be necessary to take an approach of:

Screenshot of the displayed interface with data
Content: The content then systematically describes what the overview provides and how it provides the landing point for getting straight to the various reports.

Chapter 2 Part 2: Map Overlay
Screenshot
Content: Outlining how the globe is colour (with a u down here) shaded and what the scale is saying. This would be then followed with a more detailed description of what is contained in the ? for each term, and then a description of the benefits of the different graphs. Lastly the tables could be discussed and explained how the ‘Segment’ drop down changes those tables and what each of these variation means and tells you.

On it would go.

Having a document like this would be highly beneficial for people as once the snippet is installed on a given website it takes a while for meaningful data to be produced. Hence, having a populated interface which can be visualised gives a user greater sense of what is possible with the tool and really appreciate it’s value.

Hopefully Robbin, you can gain access to an account that will be the basis for such an approach without privacy of someones data being released in the documentation.

The second audience that I think needs to be catered for: GA experts who want to get technical.

Here at Internetrix we have been playing with the various utm_cookies with an eye to product integration. Some of our development team had only ever looked at the Product Tour demo and heard bits and pieces about what the tool does ie: “Improves website visitor behaviour analysis” That doesn’t really cut it when getting into the utm’s and the Regex’s required to write the filters and understanding how the product actually works from a click, visit, UrchinTracker(), pixel, database, perl standpoint. In looking around what was available publicly in terms of a technical handbook, I went to Justin’s blog at Epik One and sniffed through looking for some sort of resource that dev people can consume. The best I could find was this:

This document has been awesome and answered so many questions. Clearly, it has inherrint problems in that it is branded incorrectly and is for another product, and clearly Urchin 5 is along way from GA2. As a guideline for documentation for those more advanced, it would be awesome to run through that and update where necessary.

So I hope that helps the idea generation of what direction to take. Maybe you can sneak my submission into Category number 3. wink.

Regards,

Daniel
daniel.rowan@internetrix.com.au

Chuck Burt says:

Hi, I have a few points I think the documentation should clarify. Please note I have spent a lot of time reading the docs, but as with anything, it’s certainly possible that I missed them. I would love to hear where they can be found if I’ve missed them.

One critical point that is missing (unless I missed it and I have spent a LOT of time reading the docs) is the exact capabilities of calling urchinTracker with a URL. When you call urchinTracker with an explicit URL passed into it, it will not allow you to use query string parameters. It only uses the page URL (everything through the ?). Even if you pass in custom query string parameters, they are ignored and the page’s real query strings are used instead.

The docs make mention to the fact that you can use GA on an intranet, as long as the user’s browser can also reach the GA code on Google’s site. There doesn’t seem to be any mention about the fact that their interface must also be able to reach the “home page” of the code in order to “verify” the install (and therefore start using it). To get around this, I’ve seen most people temporarily install the code on a public facing site, go through verification, then remove the code from the public site. An official “answer” on this would make sense.

Lists of valid/invalid characters for various data sets should be addressed.

For example, the docs make no mention of the use of “pipes” (|) in URLs, campaign/source tracking, etc–outside of one article on using it for regular expressions. In the old interface, you could actually use a pipe to get an extra layer of “drill-down.” So for example, if you passed a campaign as “campaignName|campaignNumber”, in the old interface you would see only “campaignName” in the list of campaigns. It would be hyperlinked, and you could drill down to see a list of all the “campaignNumbers” associated with that campaignName.

In the new interface, they are shown together in the same list (with the pipes). In the documentation, it would be great to specify if there are characters to avoid using altogether, or characters that give extra functionality (like the pipe used to do).

Using the code more than once in a page. This question comes up all the time in the help group. Since it truly is a frequently asked question, I believe it should be addressed in the help section. Seems like a lot of people are attempting to use the entire code snippet twice without understanding the repercussions or why it doesn’t really work. Google should address the entire concept of trying to track with multiple profiles.

Cheers,
-Chuck

P.S. Any extra points if we buy Avinash’s new book? ;-) j/k

Here is my entry, my passport to fame and glory :-)

Category # 2 – Omissions
I could not find information in GA documentation regarding the limit of information (number of URLs) that can be seen in the Top Content report. My website (http://www.esnips.com) has around 10 Million public pages (excluding query parameters) and even after I divide the website into several different profiles I still see a very high % of the content thrown into the field “other”. I am not complaining about the content limit, but regarding Google’s transparency on how they decide what is “other” and what is not. Do they simply keep adding URLs until the limit? Is it calculated hourly, daily, monthly? This can make a very big difference, especially for websites that are highly affected by weekly or monthly seasonality.

Steve says:

Category #1 – Misteeks. :-)

How long does it take to see report data after adding the tracking code?

Ans. 27.5 hours. :-(
We went live with GA @ 1.30pm our time on Wed. Results didn’t show till 5pm our time on Thurs. (UMT +10)

This also possibly ties into Opaqueness: The new interface updates seem to occur at 5pm our time, which means with the new interface, we’re effectively 2 days behind what’s going on. The old interface does not have such a time lag problem.
5pm our time seems to coincide with midnight California time.

Cheers!
- Steve

Steve says:

Throw into Cat3, but could be me just being irritating and precise. :-)

The 2nd Major Grouping is labelled “Visitors”. But most everything is keyed off “Visits”.
We expect and get lots of “Visits”, but are more interested in “Visitors”. A handful of high use users can and do really skew our numbers – we’ve seen this with our other analysis.
Technically, we’re not all that interested in the high use Visitors, (lots of Visits). We have a far greater interest in the 1 and 2 visit folk. They’re our primary target audience for starters…

(Can you tell I’m really starting to play around with GA now? ;-) )

Beth Kanter says:

There was a lot of Category #3. Opacity — particularly for newbies and those of us who work with nonprofits and can’t afford a full-time analytics person.

So, created a screencast and wiki

June says:

It’s June 26th and time to post my accumulating list, before Robbin sends me a nasty note :)

Opaqueness/Omissions:

1. Regular expressions – rewrite this whole area for audiences (a) brand new to RegEx and (b) audiences who just need a quick refresher. What’s confusing to a newbie? On this page, http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55582&topic=11092, why does it matter that these are “Posix” regular expressions? Add (more) examples, or add a link at the end of each definition to posts on RegEx by Robbin and others.

2. Information on turning on Adwords CPC cost tracking for new profiles is difficult to find. Analytics and Adwords accounts may be already linked, but the default setting for additional new profiles is “off”. One has to know that they need to access the profile from the Analytics tab in their ADWORDS account. There’s an extra checkbox to “Apply Cost Data” in profile data.
The only documentation that deals with this refers to “clicks” not cost data, and is here http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=57167&topic=11145.

3. Recommendation: Create personas and task scenarios for new and advanced GA users.

4. There isn’t any information on Website Optimizer on the GA home page or in the support center (else I can’t see it). Need to access this information through Adwords.

Mistakes:

1. New GA Report Finder – Incorrect instruction for locating the data previously shown in the “All CPC Analysis” report.

Report Finder says:
In the navigation, click Traffic Sources then Search Engines,
The Search Engines report appears.
Click the “paid” link.
Visits and Pages/Visit columns are displayed for the search engines from which you received paid traffic.
To see conversion rate columns, click the Goal Conversion tab.
To see the transactions, transaction conversion rate, and $/Visits columns, click the Ecommerce tab.

What you really have to do is:
Click in the left navigation [Traffic Sources] > [Adwords] > [Adwords Campaigns]
Then click on the [clicks] tab mid-page.

This was the only info I couldn’t find. Haven’t needed to use Report Finder for anything else.

2. Update Conversion University articles that refer to old GA reports. Such as this one http://www.google.com/analytics/cu/dt_adwords_roi.html, which refers to the “All CPC Analysis” report.

3. This page http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55498&topic=11143 tells you how to block Adwords cost data from showing up in a GA profile. As per above, Adwords cost data reporting is not enabled by default for all additional profiles, just the first one (I think).

4. On this page, http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55505&query=asp&topic=&type=
missing the ‘t’ in the first tag.

5. On this page http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?answer=55612&topic=11018, missing an ‘e’ in “pageviews”…. “Why do I still see new pagevi_ws after removing all of my Analytics tracking code? “

Cheers,

June

The advanced filter help should have more real-life example. Example like this one by Shawn Purtell : Matching Specific Transactions to Specific Keywords

Advanced filter is a great tool, but I depend on blog to learn about it.

Mike Plummer says:

Better late than never:

1) The All Navigation report no longer exists in a form which allows for viewing more than one page at a time. In the previous interface, one could export the entire all navigation report. This was extremely useful to determine stats such as how many visitors viewing /bikes/ clicked on a suggestion for /tires/ from the bikes pages.

2) When exporting reports to TSV, the summary (top) row of the data table is omitted.

Tim Leighton-Boyce says:

I know the competition is closed, but this is a useful resource.

My contribution for category 3.
When setting up goals, the support information link for ‘goal value’ says: “Make sure to leave the Goal Value field blank, so that Google Analytics considers your e-commerce information as the goal value.”

It doesn’t seem possible to leave the field blank. It auto-stores a zero. And the goal reports show zero values — even if one of them is your checkout funnel. I’ve seen support group posts speculating that ‘goal value’ only works if the site is NOT configured as an ecommerce site, but the documentation begins with the words: “Once you have set up e-commerce tracking on your web pages, it is easy to use the transaction values as conversion goal values in your reports.”

I call that opaque!

Tim Leighton-Boyce says:

Christine / Robbin: Eirk Heim has recently posted a hack on one of the Google groups which allows the export of more than the (now 500) limit in the new interface:

In order to see more rows, you may also add the following to the end
of the URL in your browser while you are viewing a report to :
&limit=1000

For instance,
limit=1000

Now you will be able to export the number of rows you have displayed.
However, it is not possible to export this many into a PDF file.

Try changing the number after the limit to the number of rows in your
report. I have successfully exported +40,000 rows from the new

Robbin says:

Hi Tim – WRT your “leave them blank” comment — I think it is just a bad choice of words. They meant to say, Leave it at zero. But it is a good catch, and I will forward it to the right people, since I think they have already gone through a lot of the other comments here. (This is true for anyone else who wants to add documentation comments – just because you can’t win prizes doesn’t mean that your contribution won’t be loved and cherished. And speaking of prizes, I am only waiting for one of the judges.)

Chris says:

Robbin/Tim,

I was informed by my Adwords rep that the new version of GA no longer captures the dynamic values for goals for your ecommerce transactions. I have left it empty, it defaults to “0′ and haven’t had any goal values passed from ecommerce into this. If someone else could confirm or dispute this, it would be much appreciated. I just think the goal value tied to ecommerce is so important.

Thanks,
Chris

Umer Farooq says:

Hmm… for some reason my goal conversion numbers in overview do not match to Funnel Visualization numbers… did I miss something… what is the right number… I’m off by 200 conversions… 7,328 in overview and all other reports… but 7,132 in funnel visualization…

Robbin says:

I bet you checked the little box in the goal conversion setup that said the funnel must start with the first page you specified there. That decreases the number of conversions in the funnel (if people actually can get to the final page some other way!) but not elsewhere.

Umer Farooq says:

Ahh… that explains it… do have the first step as required…

This entry goes to category #2:

Suddenly GA has started to order the parameters of URLs in the reports.

So pages like this: example.htm?variable1=44&logged=true

Get converted to: example.htm?logged=true&variable1=44

This, of course, has made my funnels not to work for a week, until I found out the new order set by GA :D

Jamie says:

I loved the previous version of GA but this new version has me looking for an alternative analytics program for one reason: the new version of GA doesn’t allow you to cross reference for a visitor’s domain name, only their “Network Location” which is usually just their ISP.
I don’t really care what ISP they surfed in on…I need to know the name of the company (ie: domain name) thats visiting my site.

Knowing what companies are visiting my site is crucial, and Google left it out of the new version…and show no signs of bringing it back.
From the many posts I’ve read on other GA blogs, I’m not the only one that feels this way.

Chuck Burt says:

So, do tell! Who won??

Please tell me when you figure this out, I really want to know WHO (domain) clicked my ads says:

Please tell me when you figure this out, I really want to know WHO (domain) clicked my ads. This is very crucial to my business, not only to filter out competitors abusing my click campaign, but understanding who is clicking and what is turning into business.

Please email me.

Craig says:

I really want to know WHO (domain) clicked my ads, both to filter out competitor potential abuse and to understand potential business versus real.

Please feel free to email me

Bongs says:

I really need to export all keywords at once. This costs me so much time it’s unbelievable.

[...] Criticize Google Analytics. Win Prizes [...]

[...] Criticize Google Analytics. Win Prizes [...]

[...] 8. Criticize Google Analytics. Win Prizes [...]

Alessandra says:

If you add an objective then there is no information on how to remove it. you can only de-activate it.

[...] Criticize Google Analytics. Win Prizes [...]

Jonathan Maher says:

I’m with Jamie, viewing company details of visitors is very important. Webtrends provides this info, why cant GA?

what kind of prizes they’ve offered?
I am really curious.

VoIP says:

[...] if you dive into Google’s help documentation and you find an error before June 26, head over to Lunametrics and enter their contest. To clarify, this is a contest to criticize Google Analytics documentation, not [...]

[...] After the Google Analytics Documentation Errors (but not GA beefs) contest is over, should we have a Purple Cow contest? [...]