Last updated: May 25, 2018
This policy covers all data that is shared with us, whether directly via www.lunametrics.com or via email. This policy provides an explanation as to what happens to any personal data that you share with us, or that we collect from you either directly via these websites or via email.
What information do we collect about you?
LunaMetrics controls data collected on this website.
Information Received from Clients
LunaMetrics receives data from its clients and processes this data per the contract in place with our clients. We do not have a direct relationship with our clients’ customers.
Information Collected from the Website
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”) when you submit a contact or information request form, sign up for email newsletters, or register for training classes. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- IP Address
- Phone number
Information Collected Automatically
We also use tools like Google Analytics to measure traffic to our site and how users interact with our site. At various times, we may use other tools to measure the efficacy of our marketing campaigns. The Google Analytics terms specify that no personally identifiable information may be collected through the Google Analytics software.
What Information Do We Share?
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share your information in the following ways.
With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Analytics. Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Advertising and analytics
- Essential cookies
- Functionality cookies
- Social Media cookies
- Advertising cookies
Please see below for your choices on cookies in the use of advertising.
- To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from us if your computer supports such capabilities. You can opt out of receiving emails from us.
- We might also use a pixel tag, which is a small graphic file that allows us and third parties to monitor the use of the site and provide us with information based on your interaction with the site. These tags may collect the IP address from the device which you loaded the page, and the browser type. Pixel tags are also used by our third parties to collect information when you visit our site, and the links and other actions you take on our site, and we may use this information in combination with cookies to display targeted advertisements.
- Other data technologies may be used that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
Connecting To Google Applications via LunaMetrics.com
LunaMetrics hosts several tools and calculators on www.lunametrics.com that provide the ability for visitors to connect to certain Google products, like Google Analytics. Different LunaMetrics tools may ask for different permissions, so it is important to review the requested permissions before allowing access.
How It Works
In order for these LunaMetrics applications to work properly, a user must begin the process by clicking the ‘Connect’ button. The user will be taken to a secure page on Google.com via a new window or tab, where the permissions the tool requires will be displayed. If the user consents to grant LunaMetrics’ permission, Google will issue a token that our tools can use to access the requested information.
For these tools and calculators, LunaMetrics only requests temporary access to a user’s Google application. After receiving permission, LunaMetrics can, within the scope of the approved access, request information about, or data from, any account the user has access to. By default, our access to a user’s information expires after one hour (although that is controlled by Google and could change).
By default, our tools are able to see the email address of the user’s account. We do not capture or store this information unless permission is explicitly granted from the user. Our tools do not ever see or store a user’s password, as that is entered on a secure window or tab on Google’s website and not visible to us.
As no information is stored by default, no LunaMetrics employee or other individual has access to user email addresses or the results of the tools, including the data received from Google, unless the user explicitly opts-in to sharing results via email or signing up for email newsletters.
We do not request the ability to extend the lifetime of the token (termed ‘Offline Access’). We do not store or receive the token on our server anywhere – the token itself is only accessible by the user’s browser.
To monitor which tools, from LunaMetrics and others, have been granted access to your information, and to see which permissions have been granted, review your connected applications here: https://myaccount.google.com/permissions.
How Do We Use The Information?
The information that we request is used by our tools in calculations and visualizations about your selected data. Again, we do not store your information by default; however, depending on the tool, we may ask if you would like to share or email the results of your information. If offered, this step is voluntary but may allow us to receive a copy of your information so that we may provide recommendations, analysis, or follow-up support regarding your use of the tool or your individual results. If you share your results with others via email, or specifically ask for LunaMetrics to follow-up, we may follow up infrequently to offer support, answer questions or offer services.
Use of your information – Grounds for Using Your Personal Data
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we are relying on the following lawful grounds to collect and process any personal data you may have provided:
- Legitimate Business Interests: To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information. To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Performance of Contract: To meet our contractual commitments to you and in performance of contractual obligations to you.
- User Consent: We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected. If you are a new customer, we will only contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means for which you provided consent. If you do not want us to use your data for ourselves or third-parties, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence or age group.
LunaMetrics maintains several email newsletters to help communicate information about our recent blog posts, upcoming trainings, and other general informational and marketing purposes. You can opt-out of these electronic communications at any time by following the instructions in our emails.
Customer Email Lists
When you register for a training with LunaMetrics, we will also use your email address to inform you of future trainings in your area, and we may infrequently inform you of relevant content on our website. You can opt-out of these electronic communications at any time by following the instructions in our emails or by emailing email@example.com.
When you register for blog updates, we will send you content related to your choices. At any time, you may update your subscription settings to change the frequency or types of emails, or opt-out completely of these electronic communications by following the instructions in our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choices and Individual Rights
We aim to take reasonable steps, so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you are a customer of one of our clients that works with LunaMetrics and would no longer like to be contacted by them, please send your request to the client that you interact with directly. If our client requests us to remove or amend that data, we will respond to that request within 30 days.
We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time. If you opt out of a promotional e-mail, we may still send you transactional and administrative emails about this privacy notice or about the products or services you have purchased.
- Cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Advertising. You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
- Your rights under certain circumstances. To initiate any of the following actions please contact us at email@example.com
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate.
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you.
- You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests.
- Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. For residents of countries in the European Union, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the European Union member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Our policy on children’s information
Our site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How to contact us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write us at: 2100 Manchester Road, Building C, Suite 1750, Wheaton, IL 60187 USA